Friday, January 29, 2010

Now this was a surprise...

I had a doctor's appointment this morning (I am just over 37 weeks).  I haven't had any real notable "symptoms" lately, so the doctor gave me the option of whether or not I wanted her to check my cervix.  She didn't feel it was really necessary at this point.  With Lance being out of town next week (he has two '24-hour' trips leaving Thursday night and Sunday night), I thought it would probably be a good idea just to see where we are at.  I'm not sure who was more surprised, me or the doctor.  She said she could feel the head down pretty low and that I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced and that I may not make it to my appointment next week.  Talk about a shocker.  She also said it might be 2 weeks before he's born, but I'm most likely not making it to my due date.  I wasn't sure if it was good news or bad news with Lance being in both Chicago and Nashville in that time frame...I'm still in shock.  I just hope he either comes really soon or waits for Lance to get done with his travels!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elaina! Don't get too worried yet - the same thing happened to me with Cooper, but then nothing further happened until I went to the hospital for my scheduled C-section. So he could come early, or he could just be faking you out... :)

    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to hear...I think. I have mixed feelings about everything except the fact that I want him to come while Lance is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) wow i can't believe how close you are!!! :) im praying for you, and hope lance can be there with no troubles at all:)

    love you dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the baby blanket! It's darling. I didn't know you were so good at knitting...one day you'll have to teach me. Good luck with the baby. That is very nerve-racking to be so close and have Lance out of town. I hope you have your sister on as back up! Looking forward to meeting the little one. :)

    ReplyDelete