Thursday, November 5, 2009

Welcome to the world of blogging

So now that there's a baby on the way and we don't really live near family, it's probably time I bit the bullet and started blogging.  In a few months there will be much more interesting things to talk about and a cute little boy to look at.  So, bear with me for the next little while until it actually gets interesting.

To fill you all in, the last 4 months have been...interesting...to say the least.  We moved to Denver at the end of June (about a week or two after I found out I was pregnant) and the morning sickness decided to make its full-force debut on the day we were supposed to drive our moving truck out here.  Lance had the privilege of unpacking pretty much everything over the next few weeks while I stayed in bed trying not to throw up.  Thanks for the morning sickness genes, Mom.  Even though I still feel nauseated EVERY day (at 25 weeks), it has been at least 3 weeks since I worshiped the porcelain gods, if you know what I mean.  At least I feel pretty confident it will all be worth it.  I love feeling him wiggle around inside of me!

Lance spends all of his days and the hospitals (and every 3rd Saturday and Sunday), and all of his nights working on various assigned projects at home.  He is VERY busy with his residency, but has decided he wants to do a specialty residency next year in solid organ transplant (which will hopefully bring us back to Salt Lake City).

I spent the last 4 months looking for a job as a retail pharmacist (jobs were a dime a dozen in Salt Lake City 2 years ago).  I got a job with Albertson's only to be laid off due to store closures after my 1 week of training.  I never actually got to work in a store.  I have been picking up random shifts with a temp agency recently and have finally found a part-time job with Target and start training on Monday.

Highlights of our time here in Denver include mainly time spent with family.  My mom has been out to visit twice now (and is coming out again on Sunday); my sister Anna and her family came out during Conference weekend; and we drove to Vail to visit Lance's sister Becky and her family.

Taya and Kohl during October General Conference


Becky, Kevin, Aedan, and Keva at the Pumpkin Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment