Monday, November 30, 2009

Musical Furniture

So, being unemployed for such a long time gave me way too much time to shop on craigslist. Since we moved to Denver at the end of June we have had 3 different couches. Yes, three. We started off with Lance's $75 D.I. couch (which I absolutely loved), but the place looked empty without another chair. I put my craigslist skills to work and found a really nice Pottery Barn oversized chair for really cheap. When I purchased them I noticed the seller had a matching couch (a sleeper sofa). They looked so cute, and with a sleeper we could have houseguests. I told her that when she was ready to sell, that I would buy it. A few months went by and I got a call from the seller, so I bought the sleeper (the green couch). I had to sell our D.I. couch right away because we had 2 couches in our little living room. I was able to sell it for more than double what Lance paid and had matching furniture! After washing the couch and chair slipcovers ONCE I realized how unforgiving it was. I decided that it would never hold up to the 'accidents' of a new baby, so I put the set up for sale not more than a few weeks after buying the couch (I'll never hear the end of this from Lance). I was able to sell the pair for more than double what we paid for them and used the money I made to buy a VERY nice brown leather couch that I LOVE. I found an awesome bargain and actually paid less for the leather couch than I sold the Pottery Barn furniture for...SCORE! Lance isn't too upset now that we have a WAY nicer couch and I think we paid ~$300 out of pocket for it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment