I think I had my best birthday ever...and it was my last one before the big 3-0. It kind of snuck up on me this year; you're a lot busier when you're a mom! I was going to take Isaac to the dowtown library on the bus, and that was as far as I got with the planning. I woke up at 6:15 am, which is when Lance normally leaves for work, and he was still in bed. I woke him and and told him he had slept in, but he told me he didn't have to be to work until later, so I fell back asleep. After an hour, I woke up again and he was still in bed. "When DO you have to be to work?" I asked. He had fibbed...he was not going to work at all! He took the day off to give ME a day off of being a mommy for my birthday! He cooked a delicious breakfast, then told me I needed to be somewhere at 10:15 am...he had booked a massage and pedicure at Escape Day Spa! It was quite the experience, and VERY relaxing. After 2 hours at the spa I came home, we took Isaac to the park together, I ran errands ALONE (and with a CAR), then he surprised me with reservations at the Bluebird Cafe. It was a great day! Thanks Lance! (and everyone else who made it special with your phone calls, emails, and cards!)
These pictures have nothing to do with my birthday, but here are the latest photos of Isaac.
 |
| Isaac has become very proficient at pulling himself up on anything and everything! |
 |
| Isaac trying to get the camera |
 |
| My best attempt at capturing Isaac 2 bottom teeth. One of his top teeth has broken through, and the other is on the verge...it is quite the blister! |
Wow sounds like a great birthday! Has teething been hard for Isaac? Holly's been working on some molars for the past week and I'm ready to throw in the towel. The kid is a train wreck.
ReplyDeleteso cute!!:) and i am so happy your birthday was great!!:) love you Elaina!! i sure do miss you!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday! we missed you in SLC but hope you had a good Turkey Day.
ReplyDelete