Monday, September 27, 2010

Latest Project

I have spent a lot of time (and money) at the local Michael's store lately. This is how I fill my days when I have no car and the store is within walking distance... I've been wanting to make a "Quiet Book" for Isaac, but lack confidence and ability in the sewing department, so I made him an activity book out of paper and laminated it with contact paper and reinforced the holes with metal eyelets. Each shape is attached with velcro so he can practice matching and there is a little pouch on in the inside cover to store the smaller shapes on the last two pages. I stayed up really late last night working on it and was excited to show it to Isaac this morning. Much to my satisfaction, he laughed out loud every time I'd tear the shapes off the page. I like how it turned out, and I think Isaac will like it too!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. You're so clever. This is way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Haven't worked on mine since Denver...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl-having a craft store within walking distance would also be trouble for me. I wanna try & email you a file. you can print these, color, and laminate to make file folders for church or other activities. look for an email.

    ReplyDelete