This was by far my longest hiatus from blogging; it has definitely been a busy 2+ months! Since my last post, Lance drove out to Los Angeles with whatever earthly belongings we had with us in Utah and had the sole task of finding housing for us within a 3 to 4 day time period and unloading everything from our PODS (pretty much everything survived its 4 months in Compton baking in the storage unit). He found us a great little place in Alhambra which is absolutely perfect for us. I'm glad it was him who had the responsibility of choosing and not me. He did an awesome job!
Meanwhile, Isaac and I stayed back in Utah alone at my mom's house (who left for Switzerland the same day Lance left for Los Angeles). I started a new job a few days before because I thought we weren't moving until the end of December, so I had to round up all sorts of babysitters while I did my training (thank you everyone who bailed me out on short notice). We flew out a met Lance a week after her left and actually had a place to come home to (and not a hotel thankfully!)
Basically from that time until the end of the year I worked from home every pretty much every day, mostly in the mornings before Isaac woke up or during nap time, but also had to have a babysitter a few days a week. There was no time for blogging or really ANYTHING I normally did while at home. I think both Lance and I both appreciate having at least somebody in charge of running the house full-time after this short stint of us both working. We eventually got out of all of our boxes although there is still one closet that was the depository for everything I didn't know what to do with in an attempt to be rid of the sea of cardboard boxes.
I have cut back my hours and hope to have more time to do all of the OTHER things that I love to do, including exercise, blogging, and having a somewhat clean house. I have a greater respect for all of you working moms out there!!! Hopefully I'll be back to having somewhat regular posts because I love taking the time to reflect on all of the fun things going on in life right now with a darling and energetic almost-2-year-old!!
5 days ago

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!!! Have a safe drive up!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are loving California! It sure is hot, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteyou guys have had quite the year! shawn and I played monopoly tonight, just the two of us we LOVE that game!
ReplyDeleteJust had to tell you: Cooper asked first thing yesterday morning, "Where's Isaac?" He pouted when I told him you guys went home. He keeps asking about him. We'll have to get them together again - we all had a great time!
ReplyDelete