5 days ago
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Maybe it's better NOT to exercise in Nashville
There's more than one way to get your heart rate up I learned this morning on our walk...I was walking to the park with Isaac at about 7:45 am when a nurse/CNA?? (she was wearing scrubs) fell asleep at the wheel and drove up onto the sidewalk we were walking on. It was almost dream-like, totally surreal that a car would be speeding towards us like that...had someone hired a hitman?? was I imagining I was in a movie?? Anyhow, I pushed Isaac out of the way, accidentally tipping his stroller over, and I must have partially fallen too because I had dried grass all over my right leg.
When she got out of the car to make sure we were all right she said, "I saw you walking, then I must have nodded off" which would maybe explain why she headed straight at us (it was the last thing she was focused on before falling asleep??) or more likely there is a slight curve in the road that she missed and came straight up on the sidewalk. She had a few flat tires from hitting the curve. She was apologetic, said she'd had a rough shift, but I'm not sure she grasped the concept that she could have seriously injured us at the speed she was going. I was shaken up pretty bad...I had sewing machine legs like I used to get rock climbing and called Lance who was in California still and bawled to him on the phone as I explained what happened. I am so glad it happened on the ONLY area with a sidewalk near us or we would have been toast. It gave me just enough time to get us out of the way. We definitely have someone watching over us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! So sorry to hear about that. That is really scary. Take good care of yourselves - we want to meet Isaac in August (and you too, of course!)
ReplyDelete- Susan